Warning: getimagesize(/home/bermudo/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/showThumbnail-1200x600.aspx): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bermudo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/oitentaecinco-framework/includes/vt-resize/vt-resize.php on line 233
Updated: May 25, 2018:
JD Supra is a legal publishing service that connects experts and their content with broader audiences of professionals, journalists and associations.
Please note that if you subscribe to one of our Services, you can make choices about how we collect, use and share your information through our Privacy Center under the “My Account” dashboard (available if you are logged into your JD Supra account).
Collection of Information
Registration Information. When you register with JD Supra for our Website and Services, either as an author or as a subscriber, you will be asked to provide identifying information to create your JD Supra account (“Registration Data“), such as your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Company Industry
Other Information: We also collect other information you may voluntarily provide. This may include content you provide for publication. We may also receive your communications with others through our Website and Services (such as contacting an author through our Website) or communications directly with us (such as through email, feedback or other forms or social media). If you are a subscribed user, we will also collect your user preferences, such as the types of articles you would like to read.
Information from third parties (such as, from your employer or LinkedIn): We may also receive information about you from third party sources. For example, your employer may provide your information to us, such as in connection with an article submitted by your employer for publication. If you choose to use LinkedIn to subscribe to our Website and Services, we also collect information related to your LinkedIn account and profile.
How do we use this information?
We use the information and data we collect principally in order to provide our Website and Services. More specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- Operate our Website and Services and publish content;
- Distribute content to you in accordance with your preferences as well as to provide other notifications to you (for example, updates about our policies and terms);
- Measure readership and usage of the Website and Services;
- Communicate with you regarding your questions and requests;
- Authenticate users and to provide for the safety and security of our Website and Services;
- Conduct research and similar activities to improve our Website and Services; and
- Comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and to enforce our rights.
How is your information shared?
- Content and other public information (such as an author profile) is shared on our Website and Services, including via email digests and social media feeds, and is accessible to the general public.
- If you choose to use our Website and Services to communicate directly with a company or individual, such communication may be shared accordingly.
- Readership information is provided to publishing law firms and authors of content to give them insight into their readership and to help them to improve their content.
- Your information may also be shared to parties who support our business, such as professional advisors as well as web-hosting providers, analytics providers and other information technology providers.
- Any court, governmental authority, law enforcement agency or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals’ personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues.
- To our affiliated entities and in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of our company or our business.
How We Protect Your Information
JD Supra takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to insure that user information is protected from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We restrict access to user information to those individuals who reasonably need access to perform their job functions, such as our third party email service, customer service personnel and technical staff. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. Where you use log-in credentials (usernames, passwords) on our Website, please remember that it is your responsibility to safeguard them. If you believe that your log-in credentials have been compromised, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website and Services are not directed at children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through our Website and/or Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website and Services may contain links to other websites. The operators of such other websites may collect information about you, including through cookies or other technologies. If you are using our Website or Services and click a link to another site, you will leave our Website and this Policy will not apply to your use of and activity on those other sites. We encourage you to read the legal notices posted on those sites, including their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the data collection and use practices of such other sites. This Policy applies solely to the information collected in connection with your use of our Website and Services and does not apply to any practices conducted offline or in connection with any other websites.
Information for EU and Swiss Residents
JD Supra’s principal place of business is in the United States. By subscribing to our website, you expressly consent to your information being processed in the United States.
- Your Rights
- Right of Access/Portability: You can ask to review details about the information we hold about you and how that information has been used and disclosed. Note that we may request to verify your identification before fulfilling your request. You can also request that your personal information is provided to you in a commonly used electronic format so that you can share it with other organizations.
- Right to Correct Information: You may ask that we make corrections to any information we hold, if you believe such correction to be necessary.
- Right to Restrict Our Processing or Erasure of Information: You also have the right in certain circumstances to ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or to erase your personal information. Where you have consented to our use of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
JD Supra, LLC
10 Liberty Ship Way, Suite 300
Sausalito, California 94965
You can also manage your profile and subscriptions through our Privacy Center under the “My Account” dashboard.
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. There may be times, however, where we are not able to fulfill your request, for example, if applicable law prohibits our compliance. Please note that JD Supra does not use “automatic decision making” or “profiling” as those terms are defined in the GDPR.
- Onward Transfer to Third Parties: As noted in the “How We Share Your Data” Section above, JD Supra may share your information with third parties. When JD Supra discloses your personal information to third parties, we have ensured that such third parties have either certified under the EU-U.S. or Swiss Privacy Shield Framework and will process all personal data received from EU member states/Switzerland in reliance on the applicable Privacy Shield Framework or that they have been subjected to strict contractual provisions in their contract with us to guarantee an adequate level of data protection for your data.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, our customers who are California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
You can make a request for this information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
JD Supra, LLC
10 Liberty Ship Way, Suite 300
Sausalito, California 94965
Some browsers have incorporated a Do Not Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities. As there is not yet a common understanding on how to interpret the DNT signal, we currently do not respond to DNT signals on our site.
Access/Correct/Update/Delete Personal Information
For non-EU/Swiss residents, if you would like to know what personal information we have about you, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will be in contact with you (by mail or otherwise) to verify your identity and provide you the information you request. We will respond within 30 days to your request for access to your personal information. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. If you would like to correct or update your personal information, you can manage your profile and subscriptions through our Privacy Center under the “My Account” dashboard. If you would like to delete your account or remove your information from our Website and Services, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacting JD Supra
As with many websites, JD Supra’s website (located at www.jdsupra.com) (our “Website“) and our services (such as our email article digests)(our “Services“) use a standard technology called a “cookie” and other similar technologies (such as, pixels and web beacons), which are small data files that are transferred to your computer when you use our Website and Services. These technologies automatically identify your browser whenever you interact with our Website and Services.
- Improve the user experience on our Website and Services;
- Store the authorization token that users receive when they login to the private areas of our Website. This token is specific to a user’s login session and requires a valid username and password to obtain. It is required to access the user’s profile information, subscriptions, and analytics;
- Track anonymous site usage; and
- Permit connectivity with social media networks to permit content sharing.
There are different types of cookies and other technologies used our Website, notably:
- “Session cookies” – These cookies only last as long as your online session, and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser (like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari).
- “Persistent cookies” – These cookies stay on your computer or device after your browser has been closed and last for a time specified in the cookie. We use persistent cookies when we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use them to remember your preferences for the next time you visit.
- “Web Beacons/Pixels” – Some of our web pages and emails may also contain small electronic images known as web beacons, clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs. These images are placed on a web page or email and typically work in conjunction with cookies to collect data. We use these images to identify our users and user behavior, such as counting the number of users who have visited a web page or acted upon one of our email digests.
JD Supra Cookies. We place our own cookies on your computer to track certain information about you while you are using our Website and Services. For example, we place a session cookie on your computer each time you visit our Website. We use these cookies to allow you to log-in to your subscriber account. In addition, through these cookies we are able to collect information about how you use the Website, including what browser you may be using, your IP address, and the URL address you came from upon visiting our Website and the URL you next visit (even if those URLs are not on our Website). We also utilize email web beacons to monitor whether our emails are being delivered and read. We also use these tools to help deliver reader analytics to our authors to give them insight into their readership and help them to improve their content, so that it is most useful for our users.
Analytics/Performance Cookies. JD Supra also uses the following analytic tools to help us analyze the performance of our Website and Services as well as how visitors use our Website and Services:
- HubSpot – For more information about HubSpot cookies, please visit legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy.
- New Relic – For more information on New Relic cookies, please visit www.newrelic.com/privacy.
- Google Analytics – For more information on Google Analytics cookies, visit www.google.com/policies. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This will allow you to download and install a Google Analytics cookie-free web browser.
Facebook, Twitter and other Social Network Cookies. Our content pages allow you to share content appearing on our Website and Services to your social media accounts through the “Like,” “Tweet,” or similar buttons displayed on such pages. To accomplish this Service, we embed code that such third party social networks provide and that we do not control. These buttons know that you are logged in to your social network account and therefore such social networks could also know that you are viewing the JD Supra Website.
Controlling and Deleting Cookies
The processes for controlling and deleting cookies vary depending on which browser you use. To find out how to do so with a particular browser, you can use your browser’s “Help” function or alternatively, you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org which explains, step-by-step, how to control and delete cookies in most browsers.
Updates to This Policy
Contacting JD Supra
Credit: Source link
With over a thousand reviews and swatches, I’ve tested my way through the majority of NARS products and releases, both past and present, so I have a good idea of what NARS best products are! In the last two years, NARS has revamped some of their core products, too, like their standard Lipsticks (now with 72 shades!) and standard Eyeshadows, which means that it’s a good time to update our guide to the best NARS products!
You’ll find some resources we have on Temptalia to quickly access our NARS reviews and swatches. I’ve also included some quick links to the top rated NARS products along with more detailed descriptions about why each formula made its way onto the list.
What are your favorite products from NARS? Are there any must-have NARS products from your experience?
Our Resources for NARS Products
- Overview of NARS | Overview of the brand, the most wanted NARS products, most loved products by readers, editor’s top rated products, and most recently reviewed.
- NARS Swatches | Browse every swatch we’ve ever added to the Swatch Gallery from NARS. You can sort the results by things like date, color, rating, price, and so forth, but you can also refine the results and drill down by color, type, finish, availability, undertone, and more.
- NARS Reviews | Browse almost 1,000 NARS products that we’ve reviewed from highest rated to lowest rated. You can also sort the products we’ve reviewed or refine results to see things like just eyeshadow or lipstick.
Top 10 NARS Products
You can jump to any of the products mentioned by clicking one of the below links, or you can keep scrolling down for more detailed explanations about each product we’ve featured!
- NARS Audacious Lipstick
- NARS Velvet Lip Glide
- NARS Eyeshadow
- NARS Dual Intensity Blush
- NARS Satin Lip Pencil
- NARS Lipstick
- NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
- NARS Powder Blush
- NARS Highlighting Powder
- NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment
NARS Audacious Lipstick ($32.00 for 0.14 oz.) is supposed to be a richly pigmented, creamy, hydrating, and long-wearing formula. In my experience, the formula is typically opaque in a single stroke, lightweight, moderately to very creamy with four to six hour wear. It feels lightly hydrating to mostly non-drying overall. There is no noticeable scent or taste, and they are very comfortable to wear. Some of my favorite shades are: Apoline, Natalie, Anna, and Audrey.
NARS Velvet Lip Glide ($26.00 for 0.20 fl. oz.) is supposed to be a hybrid between lipstick and lipgloss that is hydrating, richly pigmented, and comfortable to wear. They have stronger color payoff, a non-tacky consistency, and a smoothness to their consistency that is a lot like a good lipstick, while they have a plusher, thicker texture that gives lips a plumper, fuller look along with a glossy sheen that is more like a gloss. Some of my favorite shades are: Unspeakable, La Maine Bleue, and Bound.
NARS Eyeshadow ($29.00 for 0.04 oz.) comes in an assortment of shades available as singles as well as in duos (which retail for $35 each). The brand completely redid their eyeshadow range in 2018, so they feature new packaging, new formula, and new shades (plus returns of old favorites!). They’ve definitely improved the range over time with the more satin to pearl shades having the most standout formula and look applied to the skin. Some of the brighter pops of color could still be improved, and the more sparkly shades are best for someone who doesn’t mind applying the products with a dampened brush.
NARS Dual Intensity Blush Duo ($45.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a powder-based blush that can be used wet or dry, though it is plenty pigmented, blendable, and long-wearing used dry so don’t think that it has to be used wet to achieve coverage. The formula will suit someone who prefers their blush to have a stronger shine or metallic finish. Some of my favorite shades are Panic and Fervor.
NARS Satin Lip Pencil ($27.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a pigmented, long-wearing, and velvety over-sized pencil that is easy to keep in a bag and touch-up on the go. Some of my favorite shades are Lodhi, Luxembourg, and Yu, ,.
NARS Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.12 oz.) is now available in 72 shades–that’s a mega range!–across three finishes: Matte, Satin, and Sheer. Shades in the satin finish family are our favorites because they’re smooth, pigmented, and sit well on lips (doesn’t emphasize lip lines) and has good adhesion for better longevity. Some of the Sheer shades are delightful with their more luminous, lightly glossy finish, but we’d say that most of the shades are more medium coverage than truly sheer!
NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base ($24.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a smoothing, velvety primer that works exceptionally well at intensifying pigmentation in eyeshadow, extending the wear, and making everything blend more easily.
NARS Powder Blush ($30.00 for 0.15 oz.) is available in a slew of shades and has been one of the most popular blush formulas in the market for years. The range encompasses quite a few types of colors from barley-there to deeply pigmented, bold shades with finishes that range from matte to sparkly. Some of my favorite shades are Luster, Blissful, Deep Throat, Oasis, and Lovejoy.
NARS Highlighting Powder ($38.00 for 0.49 oz.) is a mega-sized powder highlighter that introduced a new, permanent formula to the brand’s portfolio of cheek products. For anyone who wants a smoother, more luminous (but less overtly shimmery) highlighter, this is one worth checking out. They’re very large, so the price point seems fitting, but keep an eye out for holiday sets as they often are sold as minis (with a blush or lip product).
NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment ($26.00 for 0.18 fl. oz.) is the brand’s take on matte liquid lipstick. The line-up includes a lot of deeper, richer shades with matte finishes. The formula has a very fluid consistency that is thin, smooth, but not at all watery, and the majority of shades were nearly opaque or opaque in a single layer. Some of my favorites are Save the Queen, Get Up Stand Up, and Wild Night.
Credit: Source link
Hospital murder suspect’s past marked by addiction, mental illness and crime ABC6OnYourSide.com
A Baltimore, Ohio man charged for murder in a bizarre case last week has a long criminal record in Fairfield County and elsewhere, resulting from a lifelong …
Credit: Source link
1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
2 Brown the chicken: Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high or high heat (hot enough to brown but not burn). Season the chicken pieces all over with salt and pepper.
Working in batches, brown the chicken pieces on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per batch. Add a little more olive oil if needed with every batch.
Remove chicken pieces and set aside in a bowl. The chicken does not have to be cooked through, only browned.
3 Sauté the onions and garlic: In the same sauté pan add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Lower the heat to medium, add the onions, and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
Add the garlic; cook 30 seconds more. Remove onions and garlic to a shallow 9×13 casserole dish.
4 Sauté the mushrooms: Raise heat to medium high and add the sliced mushrooms. Dry sauté the mushrooms (don’t add butter or oil), allowing them to brown lightly and release some of their moisture. Add the mushrooms to the casserole dish.
5 Make the sauce: Add 1/4 cup dry sherry or dry white wine to the pan to deglaze it, scraping off the browned bits from the bottom.
(At this point, if you are making ahead, reduce the sherry to 1 tablespoon and pour off into the casserole dish. Refrigerate cooked onions, garlic, mushrooms, and browned chicken pieces until you are ready to make the casserole.)
Let the sherry reduce to about 1 tablespoon, then add the chicken stock, and remove from heat. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, the cream, and the sour cream.
6 Assemble the casserole: Add the uncooked rice to the casserole dish. Then pour the stock, sherry, cream, and sour cream mixture over the rice.
Add the Italian and poultry seasonings (or fresh herbs) and paprika to the dish.
Stir the rice, onion, mushroom, and herb mixture so that they are evenly distributed in the casserole dish.
Place the chicken pieces on top of the rice mixture (in a single layer if you can, they will be crowded).
7 Bake: Cover the casserole dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake in a 375°F oven for 45 minutes and then remove foil.
If the casserole still has too much liquid, let it cook a few minutes more, uncovered, until the excess liquid has evaporated away.
8 Serve: Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
Credit: Source link
The London Essence Co. is a new brand promises “skilfully distilled mixers,” though, it should go without saying, none of these are actually distilled. That’s why they’re mixers, of course.
The full lineup includes six products, but for some reason we only received a lone bottle of its soda water for review.
So, let’s try it.
As soda water goes, it’s very clean. A slight minerality, even a hint of saltiness, is evident, but it’s much less noticeable than in the typical mineral water. The finish is slightly grassy. The overall level of carbonation is also moderated, with slightly creamy bubbles — making it just right for mixing (and it even drinks well on its own).
A / $3 per 500ml bottle / londonessenceco.com
Credit: Source link
The Standard American Diet, also referred to as SAD – talk about fitting – is unfortunately made up of the most common eating habits in the country. Instead of opting for the healthy, organic choices provided by God himself, those following SAD depend on unnatural, unhealthy processed options made with harmful ingredients that deteriorate overall health and well-being. These same individuals are not only relying on fast food for fuel, but they’re also eating substantial portion sizes that increase their risk for developing chronic conditions, wrecking their immune systems and gaining unnecessary weight.
The Truth About SAD
The Standard American Diet is comprised of a variety of elements that make it so dangerous. What’s worse, is most people following these eating habits are hurting their bodies three or more times a day, per each meal they consume. Here’s what makes the SAD so harmful:
- It’s high in animal fats.
- It’s high in saturated, hydrogenated and trans fats.
- It’s high in processed ingredients.
- It’s low in fiber.
- It’s low in complex carbohydrates.
- It’s low in natural, plant-based choices.
With these elements, Americans can’t expected to get any of the vitamins, minerals and necessary nutrients they need to live long, healthy lives.
Conditions Acquired From Following SAD
Think about America’s current health care system. So much money is spent on cancer research, treating patients and giving them prescribed medications to get better, while these sick individuals are continuing to ruin their bodies with SAD foods. If more people fueled their bodies with the natural, organic sustenance that derives from plant-based eating habits, they’d be less likely to develop:
- High blood pressure.
- High cholesterol.
- Negative oral conditions.
- Heart disease and stroke.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Eating disorders.
- Poor eyesight.
- Severe allergies and sinus issues.
- Digestive problems.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Certain cancers.
Sadly, the list goes on, but that should be enough proof for you to understand just how harmful America’s standard eating habits are.
Foods to Avoid
To experience maximum health and wellness, we recommend following a plant-based diet that’s rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients from the natural sustenance provided by God. Eliminating the following foods from your eating habits will reduce your risk for developing the previously mentioned conditions and diseases and improve your overall health and longevity:
1. Animal sources – Dairy products and meats have no dietary fiber. They’re also acidic and contain antibiotics, which can cause hormone imbalances. Animal fat found in meat and pasteurized milk increases blood pressure, which could increase heart attack and stroke risk.
“Sugars are known to completely compromise the immune system. “
2. Refined sugars – Sugars are known to completely compromise the immune system. They offer no nutritional benefit whatsoever as they have no enzymes, vitamins, minerals or fiber. They are extremely acidic, deplete your body’s resources and cause weight gain when consumed.
3. Refined grains – Refined grains lack the mineral-rich bran and vitamin-rich germ, reducing their nutritional content and making it easy to over consume them, causing weight gain and constipation.
Trusting in God and Following the Hallelujah Diet
At the end of the day, health is a matter of choice. Your body is going to grow and thrive successfully based on how you treat it. You’re given many choices in life, and by taking the best route you will instill your true destiny.
Deuteronomy 30:19 – “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.”
God has given all of us the opportunity to choose our own fate in life. When you take control of the way you eat, refusing to follow today’s common dietary habits and instead trust in Him and all He’s provided, you’re fueling your body to live your healthiest, fulfilling life. Not only will you notice your body looking and feeling better, but any physical problems you may live with will subside.
If you’re not already following the Hallelujah Diet, now’s a great time to give it a try. Dozens upon dozens of Americans have made the change in their life and noticed a significant difference, then shared their stories of restored life with us. Look through our database of testimonies for motivation and inspiration to take back control and live your life to the fullest.
Credit: Source link
Credit: Source link
Colour Pop Underclassman Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a muted, medium orange with warmer undertones and a matte finish. It had opaque pigmentation when applied with a fingertip and more buildable coverage from semi-sheer to mostly opaque when applied with a stippling brush–as described.
The texture felt more clay-like, smooth and velvety to the touch, but it would clearly indent and could be pushed around like clay. The matte finish has less of an emollient or “wet” feel to it compared to more shimmery shades in the same formula, and as a result, I think they tend to apply best in quick motions, one cheek at a time, and as was the case with this shade, lift slightly if I’m not careful, but it does have a smoothing effect (my pores look less noticeable). It wore well for nine and a half hours before fading visibly on my skin.
- Zoeva Burning Up (P, $11.80) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Flower Beauty Nectar (P, $9.99) is glossier (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Dash Zero (P, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Lunar Has It (P, $7.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop 2 Cool 4 School (LE, $8.00) is lighter (80% similar).
- NARS Intensely (LE, $30.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Viseart Orange #1 (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. – $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “buildable” coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield “higher coverage”) or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It’s a cream-based product that has a subtle, “wet” feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one’s base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won’t slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Octocrylene, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Dimethicone/Vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate Crosspolymer, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492,CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).
Colour Pop Underclassman $8.00/0.15 OZ.
When you purchase through our links above, you help support Temptalia. Thank You!
Credit: Source link
Construction workers from a national company work to rebuild the destroyed portions of the Avera Behavioral Health Center on Monday, September 16, in Sioux Falls. (Photo: Erin Bormett / Argus Leader)
Mental health care providers in Sioux Falls wasted no time when the tornado struck Avera Behavioral Health.
The hospital in southwestern Sioux Falls is a hub for mental health treatment in the region, serving as the city’s only provider of emergency inpatient care and also offering a range of other outpatient services.
With much of the building destroyed by a Sept. 10 tornado, Avera Health is already running services out of the facility and has an aggressive timeline for restoring it to full capacity. Avera re-opened two psychiatric clinics Monday, and representatives for the health care system say the first of the inpatient units could re-open as early as Friday.
Tornado coverage: Best Buy in Sioux Falls reopens after getting hit by tornado
Contractors were on-site almost immediately to assess the damage and begin repairs, said Thomas Otten, head of behavioral health for Avera.
“They went in, inspected every area and made sure everything was structurally sound,” he said.
While it may take several months to restore all of the inpatient units at the storm-damaged behavioral health building, Avera is continuing to provide care as staff work to get the facility up and running, Otten said.
SOME SERVICES RE-OPENED MONDAY
Patients can still find certain levels of care at the Avera Behavioral Health building. Even in spite of the wreckage caused by the tornado, Avera has been able to continue offering mental health support to the community
Two clinics re-opened there Monday, along with urgent care services and psychiatrist appointments. As construction crews from Journey Group continue to rebuild, Avera is now offering a range of services from the facility, including specialized therapy treatments and its intensive Partial Hospital Program, a day-long program that can be used as an alternative to hospitalization in some cases, Otten said.
Avera leadership has increased the capacity of the program from 10 to 20 patients as of this week, he said.
Drone footage released by the city of Sioux Falls show areas of the city substantially impacted by a tornado.
Nate Chute, USA Today Network
INPATIENT TEMPORARILY MOVED TO OTHER FACILITIES
Avera is handling some inpatient services at its main hospital campus in central Sioux Falls and has partnered with state officials to treat teens and adults at the Human Services Center in Yankton.
Avera had two adult inpatient units set up at HSC right away last week, with each capable of handling 15 patients. This week, Avera also opened a third unit for adolescents, able to serve up to 20 teens, Otten said.
Tornado aftermath: What you need to know to get help, donate and clean up
“It’s been a very coordinated effort to open a hospital in a matter of hours,” Otten said.
Avera cleared space for up to eight pediatric beds at its main hospital, and also made room for 10 adult patients at its Prince of Peace facility in Sioux Falls.
For those going to Yankton, the health care system is offering limo bus transportation services to and from the hospital as new emergency holds come in and treated patients are discharged. The transport limo bus makes one trip in each direction per day, Otten said.
COUNSELING SERVICES STILL AVAILABLE
Outpatient counseling services continued, business as usual, from Avera’s location at the intersection of 33rd Street and Cliff Avenue. Some offices were temporarily moved to the site so providers could continue offering their services during the recovery period last week, but those have since been moved back, Otten said.
EMERGENCY ASSESSMENTS NEVER STOPPED
Avera staff worked with local and state officials to coordinate the continued influx of emergency mental health calls from the Sioux Falls community.
The health care systems service line for mental health emergencies never stopped taking calls, Otten said.
Family members or friends who notice warning signs of someone in need of mental health help should call Avera’s behavioral health assessment line at 1-800-691-4336.
Read or Share this story: https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/business-journal/2019/09/16/clinics-re-open-avera-pushes-get-mental-health-services-back-full-capacity/2340261001/
Credit: Source link
A California woman says she dreamed about swallowing her engagement ring to protect it during a heist on a high-speed train. She later realized she actually did swallow her ring in her sleep, reports CBS News.
Jenna Evans wrote about her ordeal in a Facebook post last week that has now gone viral. She explained she was having a vivid dream in which she and her fiancé, Bobby Howell, were in a “sketchy situation” involving a high-speed train and some “bad guys.”
Credit: Source link