With a crunchy sugar-crusted surface and a cakey interior, these Blueberry Muffin Cookies offer the best part of a blueberry muffin in cookie form. Président® butter gives the breakfast-ready cookies an irresistibly tender, pillowy crumb, just like the top of a muffin. Brimming with fresh blueberries and drizzled with a tart lemon glaze, it’s summertime perfection.
For more ways with blueberries, pick up a copy of our July/August 2019 issue!
Blueberry Muffin Cookies
- ½ cup (113 grams) Président unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (110 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg (50 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (3 grams) lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ½ cup (120 grams) sour cream
- 2 cups (300 grams) fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) sparkling sugar
- Lemon Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg, beating well. Beat in zest and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture in two additions alternately with all of sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Gently fold in blueberries. Using a ¼-cup spring-loaded scoop, scoop batter and drop 21/2 to 3 inches apart onto prepared pans. (Cookies will spread during baking.) Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 16 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and place on a wire rack. Drizzle with Lemon Glaze. Serve warm.
- 1⅓ cups (160 grams) confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon (1 gram) lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup (120 grams) confectioners’ sugar and lemon zest and juice until smooth. Add remaining ⅓ cup (40 grams) confectioners’ sugar, and whisk until thick and smooth. Use immediately.
Credit: Source link