Bursting with fresh blueberries and bright lemon flavor, this loaf recipe is as versatile as they come. You can bake it in traditional loaf sizes or in mini loaves. We bake them in disposable pans for our bake sales, but they work well in regular pans, too.
Are you baking these loaves for our Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry? Be sure to register your bake sale here to join the cause!
Blueberry Lemon Loaves
Serves: 4 large or 8 mini loaves*
- 2⅔ cups (533 grams) granulated sugar
- 1⅓ cups (320 grams) whole milk
- 1⅓ cups (303 grams) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 5 large eggs (250 grams)
- ¼ cup (24 grams) packed lemon zest (from 8 to 10 lemons)
- 1⅓ cups (320 grams) sour cream
- 5¼ cups (656 grams) plus 1 tablespoon (8 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 2½ teaspoons (12.5 grams) baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- 3 cups (442 grams) fresh blueberries
- Garnish: sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). For metal loaf pans, spray 4 large or 8 small pans with baking spray with flour. For paper loaf pans, place pans on a large baking sheet.
- In a very large bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, milk, melted butter, eggs, and zest. Whisk in sour cream. In a large bowl, whisk together
- ¼ cups (656 grams) flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, whisking just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- In a medium bowl, toss together blueberries and remaining 1 tablespoon (8 grams) flour.
- Fold blueberries into batter. Divide batter among prepared pans. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar, if desired.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. For metal loaf pans: 50 minutes to 1 hour for large loaves, or 40 to 45 minutes for small loaves. For paper loaf pans: 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool completely in pans on wire racks.
Credit: Source link